Multiple studies have found that a daily coffee intake of 4 cups may be a safe amount. Even federal dietary guidelines suggest that three to 5 eight-ounce cups of coffee per day (providing up to 400 milligrams of caffeine) are often a part of a healthy diet.
Americans consume approximately 400 million cups of coffee a day. Are you part of that statistic?
In fact, it is the second most popular beverage in the world, and water ranks first. Despite common belief, your daily cup of coffee provides more than just a boost of energy. There are numerous reasons why people drink it regularly.
5 Health Benefits of Coffee, Based on Science:
1. Can Improve Energy Levels and Make You Smarter:
- It can help people get tired less and increase their energy levels.
- This is because it contains a stimulant called caffeine, which is the most consumed psychoactive substance in the world.
- After drinking it, caffeine is absorbed into the bloodstream. From there, it travels to your brain.
- In the brain, caffeine blocks adenosine, which inhibits the neurotransmitter.
- When this happens, the number of other neurotransmitters such as norepinephrine and dopamine increases, which increases the discharge of neurons.
- Numerous controlled human studies show that caffeine improves various aspects of brain function, including memory, mood, alertness, energy levels, reaction time, and overall mental function.
Caffeine blocks an inhibitory neurotransmitter in your brain, which causes a stimulating effect. This improves energy levels, mood, and various aspects of brain function.
2. Can Help You Burn Fat:
- Caffeine is found in almost all commercial fat burning supplements, and for good reason. It is one of the few natural substances that can help burn fat.
- Several studies show that caffeine can increase metabolic rate by 3-11%.
- Other studies show that caffeine can specifically increase fat burning by up to 10% in obese people and 29% in lean people.
- However, these effects may diminish in those who drink for a long time.
Several studies show that caffeine can speed up fat burning and increase metabolic rate.
3. Can Drastically Improve Physical Performance:
- Caffeine stimulates your nervous system by signaling fat cells to break down fatty deposits.
- But it also increases the level of adrenaline in the blood.
- It is a fight-or-flight hormone that prepares your body for intense physical activity.
- Caffeine breaks down body fat, converting free fatty acids into fuel.
- Given these effects, it’s not surprising that caffeine can improve physical performance by an average of 11-12%.
- Therefore, it makes sense to have a strong cup of it about half an hour before heading to the gym.
Caffeine can increase adrenaline levels and release fatty acids from adipose tissue. It also leads to significant improvements in physical performance.
4. Contains Essential Nutrients:
Many of the nutrients in coffee beans are found in the finished brewed coffee.
A single cup of coffee contains:
- Riboflavin (vitamin B2): 11% of the Reference Daily Allowance (RDI).
- Pantothenic acid (vitamin B5): 6% of the RDI.
- Manganese and potassium: 3% of the RDI.
- Magnesium and niacin (vitamin B3): 2% of the RDI.
- Although it may not seem like a big deal, most people drink several cups a day, which allows those amounts to add up quickly.
Coffee contains several important nutrients, including riboflavin, pantothenic acid, manganese, potassium, magnesium, and niacin.
5. May Lower Your Risk of Type 2 Diabetes:
- Type 2 diabetes is a serious health problem and that is currently affects millions of people around the world.
- It is characterized by elevated blood sugar levels caused by insulin resistance or a decreased ability to secrete insulin.
- For some reason, drinkers have a significantly reduced risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
- The people who drink the coffee most have a 23-50% lower risk of developing the disease. One study showed a decrease of up to 67%.
- According to an outsized review of 18 studies involving 457,922 people, every daily cup of coffee was related to a 7% reduction within the risk of type 2 diabetes.
Several observational studies show that coffee drinkers have a much lower risk of developing type 2 diabetes, a serious condition that affects millions of people around the world.
Here are the Top 5 best coffee beans around the world:
- Koa Coffee – Hawaiian Kona Coffee Bean
- Organix Medium Roast Coffee By LifeBoost Coffee
- Blue Mountain Coffee From Jamaica
- Volcanica Coffee Kenya AA Coffee Beans
- Peaberry Beans From Tanzania